Before getting ready for any trip, it’s important to review your wilderness first aid skills.
Here are some of our most helpful blog posts about wilderness first aid.
- 27 Considerations for a Wilderness First Aid Kit
- It's Getting Hot in Here: The Ps and Qs of Heat Illness
- Hydration Tips for Camping
- Are You Hypothermic, or Just Cold and Grouchy?
- Treating Burns in the Backcountry
- What to Do When You Sprain Your Ankle in the Wilderness [Video]
- How to Prevent and Treat Blisters [Video]
- Backyard Experiment: Armpits and Frozen Autoinjectors
- Snake Bites: Here's What to Do [Video]
- Self-care in the Backcountry: Red Flags You Shouldn't Ignore
Learn more about practicing wilderness first aid on a course with NOLS Wilderness Medicine.
Molly is a NOLS instructor and writer. She loves the smell of her backpack and does her best writing before 7:00 am. When she's not scouting the next post for the NOLS Blog, she's running and climbing on rocks in Wyoming. Follow her on Instagram @mgherber