'Tis the season for top 10 lists! We've had a great year on the NOLS Blog thanks to you, our readers! To celebrate, we took a look back your favorite posts from this year.
These were the top 10 most popular posts of 2015:
1. Which NOLS Course Are You? [Quiz]
Because who doesn't love a good quiz?
2. Urine a Fix?
Your answer to the question, "Should I pee on this?"
3. 3 Things that Drive Me Nuts in Wilderness Medicine Education
Learn what drives Tod Schimelpfenig crazy in today's wilderness medicine education.
4. How to Prevent and Treat Blisters [Video]
We've all had them - here's how to deal with them.
5. Test Your Backcountry Lightning Knowledge [Quiz]
Do you know what to do in a lightning storm in the backcountry?
6. Why Outdoorsy People Make the Best Co-workers
Because we're all awesome, obviously.
7. 6 Odd Things to Bring to the Backcountry
We've got some odd things on NOLS equipment lists, but everything has its use!
8. Four Key Leadership Roles
The four leadership roles and how you can use them every day.
9. 5 Things You Already Do That Make You a Female Outdoor Leader
Well done, ladies!
10. 4 Unusual Ingredients to Enhance Any Backcountry Recipe
We've all got a few cooking tricks up our sleeves - here's one instructor's advice.
Special thanks to all the NOLS grads, instructors, and staff who contributed to the blog this year! If you're interested in contributing to the NOLS Blog, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post cover photo by Kyle Duba.
NOLSie New Year’s Resolutions
11 Ways to Get Outside This Winter
Who Needs a Hat? A Lesson from My Australian Adventure
Katherine is an Alaska Backpacking graduate and was the NOLS Social Media Coordinator. When she’s offline she enjoys running, backpacking, hiking, and cooking.