Spending days at a time in the outdoors is pretty darn awesome, but at some point, we all come back to the frontcountry. For some of us, it can be hard to make that transition happen.
1. You still haven’t washed your clothes
2. You continue to sleep on your sleeping pad while indoors
3. You check in regularly with those around you about the status of their feet
4. You take constant note of the weather
5. You keep your phone far, far away
6. You insist on cooking all meals on an open flame
7. You carry all of your trash with you—pack it in, pack it out
8. You keep your headlamp handy at all times
9. You look intently at people’s faces to check for signs of sunburn or frostbite
10. You pause during conversations to change your socks
11. You can mentally locate each item of importance to you at all times
12. You storm proof other people’s belongings
13. You stare at photos, watch videos, and have already started planning your next adventure
Start planning for the adventure you crave: learn more about courses with NOLS.